Click Physiotherapy takes your privacy seriously. The following policy describes how we may use any personal information collected by us.
We reserve the right to update this policy as needed. Please check this page every now and then to look keep up-to-date with any changes.
Detailed below are the meanings of certain words found in this policy:
Content – all images, videos, text, graphics, sound or other displayed on, or made available from, the web site. It includes any blogs published on the web site.
Health information – any personal information collected by us during an online consult or any other conversation through the physitrack application.
Contact information – any personal information including name, phone number, email address or address that is provided to us for the purpose of interaction through the website or online consults or the mailing of equipment. This does not include health information provided to us during an online consult or via the physitrack application.
Personal information – any information that could be used in your identification which could include health or contact information.
Web site – refers to the online domain of clickphysio.com.au or those linked under this domain.
We, us and or – refer to the business trading as ‘Click Physiotherapy’
ACTIVITIES WHICH MAY INVOLVE PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
There will be times where your personal information will be collected to ensure we can provide optimal service. Listed below are the types of activities where we may need personal information including either health information or contact information:
- Enquiries:If you have enquiries about the nature of the services provided, or any questions that we may be able to help with, you will need to fill a contact form located on the website. This form will include details such as your name and email address.
- Submitting Payments: Should you choose to take part in our service, you will be required to fill out a secure online form with payment details. We use EziDebit as our payment company because they are reputable with an AFS license. Payment can be made by credit card, debit card, or via direct debit from a bank account.
- Other Activities: We reserve the right to use your information for activities not listed above in the circumstance where it is either required by law, or if it is the interest of public health and safety. We may also use your information where the use is related to one of the primary reasons listed above and it can be reasonably expected.
Health information will be collected during the initial online consult and kept on a secure online patient management system – cliniko. The notes will constitute a patient file to help the clinician deliver the best care for you, and to streamline the process if another physiotherapist from Click Physiotherapy would have to take over your care. Information in the patient interview may include but not be limited to the following areas:
- A full medical history including past injuries, medical or health conditions (mental and physical), a recent list of medications.
- Social history including living situation, drinking and smoking status. The physiotherapist may ask about how much family support is available and number of children.
- Past surgeries or other medical procedures.
HOW WAY MAY USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your contact information in the following situations:
- Providing information: We will use the information you provide in subscribing to our services to contact your occasionally and provide you with general information or marketing material containing special offers. You will have the option to opt out of these communications should you choose to.
- Answering questions: If you have written to us, we will use the contact details provided to respond to this. You may also receive general information or marketing material.
- User Analysis: We will use information provided to generate anonymous statistics to help in future marketing campaigns or in service development.
We may use your health information in the following situations:
- Treatment: We will use the information provided in the online consultation to formulate a diagnosis for you condition and a treatment plan in order to help your injury.
- Auditing: We may need to use your health information to comply with accreditation activities.
- Strategy: We may use health information to guide our business strategy and determine better treatment pathways for certain conditions.
- Complaints: We will use your health information in dealing with any complaints issued by you to us.
- Insurance: We will need to provide your health information to co-operate with our liability insurers (by disclosing details to third parties like medical experts, insurance advisors or legal authorities) if the event arose where we were aware of a potential or actual claim made against us by you.
- Defense of claims: We will use your health information in the defense of a claim made against us by you by providing this to relevant authorities such as laywers.
We may use your personal information in the following situations:
- Payments: We will provide your financial information to the third party Ezidebit in order to process regular payments for services rendered.
- Other: There may be other circumstances where its necessary for us to disclose your personal information under the provisions of Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (for example if it was necessary to prevent a serious threat to public safety)
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED
You have the rights to remove any personal information we have stored about you, outside the exceptions allowed by law.
Requests to change or remove any of your personal information needs to be made in writing and we will respond to this request in 5 business days. Please email these requests to [email protected].
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will make every effort that is reasonable to prevent the loss or alteration of your personal information. We use secure databases to store health information and secure payment platforms as mentioned above under ‘Activities which may involve providing personal information’ to handle financial transactions.